Weve only just started out on our family research, so weve got a long way to go. Your help, information and advice is therefore very welcome.
Right now, were particularly interested in:
- The STIDSTON branch originating in Devon, UK, and its connections in India, Burma and beyond.
- The STODDARD / STODDART branch, originating in South Leith, Scotland, and its connections in India.
- The ENGELBREGT connection in the territories administered by the Dutch East India Company (VOC).
- The FERDINANDS connection, also in the Dutch East India Company.
- Any tips you may have for tracking down our Armenian ancestry (surname NAZAR-SABEJIAN), a task made difficult by the terrible and disruptive events of the early 1900s.
- Associations with any of these names in Dutch/British Ceylon, Burma, Batavia (Java) and India.
- And of course, if your name is STIDSTON and you think we might be connected, do get in touch.